DAILY ⓂANNA* FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER, 2022

• DAILY ⓂANNA* FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 9 September 2022 at 6:11 am

*MODELLING THE RIGHT BEHAVIOUR*

_It is advisable you read the text first_

📜TEXT:2 KINGS 15:27-38📜

🔑📖KEY VERSE: _*”And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD: he did according to all that his father Uzziah had done” (2 KINGS 15:34).*_

The process of teaching by example is called modelling. It is the best form of child training as it moulds children’s behaviour more than issuing commands and far more than corporal punishment. When parents fail to model biblical and godly behaviour before their children, they will be confused and misled; and as a result, they will become unprofitable to God, their parents and the society.

The passage today reveals the lives of two kings of Judah and Israel. Pekah, the son of Remaliah who reigned in Israel, did what was evil in the sight of the Lord. He continued in the sins of Jeroboam, the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin by worshipping idols. Pekah modelled his reign after Jeroboam. Reigning almost simultaneously with Pekah was Jotham, the son of Uzziah. His mother’s name was Jerusha, the daughter of Zadok, the priest. He “did that which was right in the sight of the LORD: he did according to all that his father Uzziah had done”. Jotham modelled his life and reign after his father and godly mother.

Modelling Christian virtues such as honesty, respect, meekness, goodness, love, forgiveness, patience, giving, compassion, etc., is crucial to effective parenting. Just as Jesus Christ is the perfect Model for all Christians to emulate, every Christian parent ought to be a model or pacesetter, who influences their children in positive ways according to biblical standards.

You can never model biblical behaviour until you realise that godly parenting is a ministry full of different experiences. Therefore, allow God to teach you how to impact your children’s lives through a practical Christian lifestyle.

✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: _*Be a biblical model children can imitate.*_

📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: *NUMBERS 1-2*📜

*MEDITATION*

*How do you want your life history to be summarised?*

*1. Summary of the reign of the king of Israel*

a. Pekah reigned for 20 years, v27.

b. His 20 year reign was summarised as doing “evil in the sight of the Lord” and “made Israel to sin”, v28.

c. God did not summarise his life according to his wealth, wisdom, women married, worldly influence, victorious wars and great works for his nation.

d. The important issue to God is whether he did what was pleasing to Him or not. Pleasing man is secondary, and in fact not reckoned with in God’s records.

e. As a result of not pleasing God, he lost territories and was eventually assassinated, vv29,30.

*Question*

Can you guess what the angels may be writing about you in their books?

Would this king have lived such a life if he was conscious of the that his life will become an history for generations after him?

Daily live the life that God, and not just man, will attest to as satisfactory, after your death.

*2. Summary of the reign of the king of Judah*

a. Jotham reigned for 25 years and died at 41, v33.

b. Even though he died young, his life in earth was summarised thus: “He did that which was right in the sight of the Lord”, v34.

c. His popularity, power, possessions, positions and perhaps pleasure were not reckoned with by God but the fact that he did that which was right in the eyes of God and not just in the eyes of man.

d. Since the life of a man is a combination of their daily activities, then commitment to pleasing God should be a daily consecration.

*Note* If you are committed to pleasing God alone you will end up pleasing those that God sent to you and those that God send you to. However, if your priority is to please men, you will end up becoming an enemy of God. It is a matter of choice, James 4:4b.

*Question*

Do you daily live to please God or to please men? Paul said if he lived to please men, then he was not fit to be a servant of God.

*Prayer points*

Lord, I hereby consecrate my life to please you alone and not just any man🙏

Lord, give me the grace and the mind to be committed to doing what is right in your sight at all times🙏

God I ask that you give me power and grace and let the divine summary of my life be glorious in your sight🙏

Lord, purge us from every mindset to please men at the expense of pleasing you🙏

*HYMN* O brother life’s journey is beginning. (GHS 246)*DAILY ⓂANNA*

FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER, 2022

*MODELLING THE RIGHT BEHAVIOUR*

_It is advisable you read the text first_

📜TEXT:2 KINGS 15:27-38📜

🔑📖KEY VERSE: _*”And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD: he did according to all that his father Uzziah had done” (2 KINGS 15:34).*_

The process of teaching by example is called modelling. It is the best form of child training as it moulds children’s behaviour more than issuing commands and far more than corporal punishment. When parents fail to model biblical and godly behaviour before their children, they will be confused and misled; and as a result, they will become unprofitable to God, their parents and the society.

The passage today reveals the lives of two kings of Judah and Israel. Pekah, the son of Remaliah who reigned in Israel, did what was evil in the sight of the Lord. He continued in the sins of Jeroboam, the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin by worshipping idols. Pekah modelled his reign after Jeroboam. Reigning almost simultaneously with Pekah was Jotham, the son of Uzziah. His mother’s name was Jerusha, the daughter of Zadok, the priest. He “did that which was right in the sight of the LORD: he did according to all that his father Uzziah had done”. Jotham modelled his life and reign after his father and godly mother.

Modelling Christian virtues such as honesty, respect, meekness, goodness, love, forgiveness, patience, giving, compassion, etc., is crucial to effective parenting. Just as Jesus Christ is the perfect Model for all Christians to emulate, every Christian parent ought to be a model or pacesetter, who influences their children in positive ways according to biblical standards.

You can never model biblical behaviour until you realise that godly parenting is a ministry full of different experiences. Therefore, allow God to teach you how to impact your children’s lives through a practical Christian lifestyle.

✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: _*Be a biblical model children can imitate.*_

📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: *NUMBERS 1-2*📜

*MEDITATION*

*How do you want your life history to be summarised?*

*1. Summary of the reign of the king of Israel*
    a. Pekah reigned for 20 years, v27.
    b. His 20 year reign was summarised as doing “evil in the sight of the Lord” and “made Israel to sin”, v28.
    c. God did not summarise his life according to his wealth, wisdom, women married, worldly influence, victorious wars and great works for his nation.
    d. The important issue to God is whether he did what was pleasing to Him or not. Pleasing man is secondary, and in fact not reckoned with in God’s records.
    e. As a result of not pleasing God, he lost territories and was eventually assassinated, vv29,30.

*Question*
    Can you guess what the angels may be writing about you in their books?
    Would this king have lived such a life if he was conscious of the that his life will become an history for generations after him?

Daily live the life that God, and not just man, will attest to as satisfactory, after your death.

*2. Summary of the reign of the king of Judah*
    a. Jotham reigned for 25 years and died at 41, v33.
    b. Even though he died young, his life in earth was summarised thus: “He did that which was right in the sight of the Lord”, v34.
    c. His popularity, power, possessions, positions and perhaps pleasure were not reckoned with by God but the fact that he did that which was right in the eyes of God and not just in the eyes of man.
    d. Since the life of a man is a combination of their daily activities, then commitment to pleasing God should be a daily consecration.

*Note* If you are committed to pleasing God alone you will end up pleasing those that God sent to you and those that God send you to. However, if your priority is to please men, you will end up becoming an enemy of God. It is a matter of choice, James 4:4b.

*Question*
    Do you daily live to please God or to please men? Paul said if he lived to please men, then he was not fit to be a servant of God.

*Prayer points*
    Lord, I hereby consecrate my life to please you alone and not just any man🙏
    Lord, give me the grace and the mind to be committed to doing what is right in your sight at all times🙏
    God I ask that you give me power and grace and let the divine summary of my life be glorious in your sight🙏
    Lord, purge us from every mindset to please men at the expense of pleasing you🙏

*HYMN* O brother life’s journey is beginning. (GHS 246)

David replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    10 September 2022 at 1:45 am

Glory

• Daniel

12 September 2022 at 4:59 pm

💪🤞

• David

Organizer
    12 September 2022 at 7:48 pm