DAILY ⓂANNA* MONDAY 17TH OCTOBER, 2022

• DAILY ⓂANNA* MONDAY 17TH OCTOBER, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 17 October 2022 at 2:24 pm

*<div>
    </div><div> *MADE USEFUL*</div><div>
    </div><div>_It is advisable you read the text first_</div><div>
    </div><div>📜TEXT:PHILEMON 1:10-19📜</div><div>Philemon 1:10-19 (KJV) </div><div>10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:</div><div>11. Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:</div><div>12. Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him, that is, mine own bowels:</div><div>13. Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:</div><div>14. But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.</div><div>15. For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;</div><div>16. Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?</div><div>17. If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.</div><div>18. If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account;</div><div>19. I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.</div><div>
    </div><div>🔑📖KEY VERSE: _*”I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds: Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me” (PHILEMON 1:10, 11).*_</div><div>
    </div><div>Thomas Hobbes, an Economist and modern founder of social contract tradition believed that in man’s natural state, moral ideas do not exist. So, the end justifies the means. According to him, “life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short.” This rightly describes the attitude of the unsaved, who is often morally bankrupt and spiritually depraved; hence, unprofitable.</div><div>
    </div><div>Onesimus, initially an unconverted slave ran away from his master, Philemon, possibly dispossessing him of some precious goods. However, fate led him to Rome where he came into contact with Apostle Paul and was converted to Christ under his ministry. As a new creature in Christ, Paul found him very valuable in the gospel ministry. However, he could not keep him, knowing he had some restitutions to make to Philemon, his former owner. Paul then sent him back to his master with a letter assuring him of his usefulness, spiritually and relationally. He also pleaded that Onesimus should be received not as a slave but a beloved brother with love, kindness and forgiveness.</div><div>
    </div><div>In the sight of God, conversion makes us equal, providing common access through grace. The transforming power of grace in the penitent is immeasurable. Sincere repentance towards God and faith in Christ’s atoning death at Calvary will save the sinner. No wonder the Bible says, “if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).</div><div>
    </div><div>Grace is accessible to all by faith, irrespective of social standing. Discovering one’s real place and purpose in God’s programme begins at conversion.</div><div>
    </div><div>✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: _*We are regenerated to generate good works.*_</div><div>
    </div><div>📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: *REVELATION 12-14*📜</div><div>
    </div><div> *MEDITATION*</div><div>
    </div><div>*An example of Christian forgiveness and restitution*</div><div>
    </div><div>*1. The love of a soul winner for the convert*</div><div>a. Onesimus was a run away slave of the wealthy believer called Philemon, vv7,15,16.</div><div>b. Obviously he was unprofitable and a good riddance for Philemon. He actually offended his master, v11,18.</div><div>c. He got converted through Paul while Paul was imprisoned, vv9b, 10. Can we learn from Paul who turned his unpalatable prison experience to winning souls for Christ?</div><div>d. Salvation experience transformed him from being an unprofitable and offensive person to a profitable person someone would love to stay and live with, vv11,13.</div><div>e. A sinner, no matter who, is unprofitable to God and His kingdom until after conversion.</div><div>f. One of the evidence of true conversion is a lovable character that believers in Christ will love and enjoy living with. Are you truly converted if we use this correct standard?</div><div>g. Paul called him “my begotten son”, “mine own bowels”, “a brother beloved”, someone that he enjoyed his presence vv10,12,13,16.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>a. Do you have this kind of deep love for the converts and fellow believers? </div><div>b. Do you have this true transformation experience that people will always be happy with your presence and life?</div><div>
    </div><div>*2. The liberty of saints without conflict*</div><div>a. Paul, as the spiritual father of both Onesimus and Philemon, had the liberty to just instruct Philemon to release Onesimus for him, after all, Paul’s work was total service to the Lord, vv11,13.</div><div>b. Paul refused to abuse his liberty. </div><div>c. He insisted that Onesimus must go back to his offended master, talk face to face and make restitution so as to appease the offended master, v17, Acts 24:16. Note that Onesimus did not object or manifest any form of reluctance. That is true conversion. </div><div>d. Paul knew that, in the Spirit of restitution, Onesimus, though poor, must be ready to pay back all he owed his master. Paul promised and assured to pay them all, v18,19.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>What can you learn about Christian respect, true forgiveness and restitution from the text?</div><div>
    </div><div>*3. The lifestyle of saints with fellow Christians*</div><div>Paul the aged (about 60), though the spiritual father of both, exemplified deep humility and wisdom in approaching this sensitive issue.</div><div>a. He called Philemon my partner, v17.</div><div>b. He called the converted run away slave a brother, above a servant, v16.</div><div>c. He made sure he did not use his authority to force Philemon against his will, v14.</div><div>d. He used the language of persuasion to help Philemon to yield to the will of God, v10.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>What can you learn about Christian love, wisdom and humility from this text?</div><div>
    </div><div>*Prayer points*</div><div>Lord, plant in my heart a holy and affectionate love for fellow believers especially the converts🙏</div><div>Lord, through your word, expose and expunge from my life all character traits that dispel people from me🙏</div><div>Lord, I ask for abundant grace and virtues to be living a loving and lovable life🙏</div><div>Lord, I ask for a true revival of old time Christianity, love and humility among brethren🙏</div><div>
    </div><div>*HYMN* Let Others See Jesus in You</div>

David replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    18 October 2022 at 1:50 pm
    64111 Points

Praise God

• Daniel

19 October 2022 at 12:10 am
    8641 Points

hallelujah