DAILY ⓂANNA* SATURDAY 26TH NOVEMBER, 2022

• DAILY ⓂANNA* SATURDAY 26TH NOVEMBER, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 30 November 2022 at 7:38 am

*<div> *WHAT DO YOU GLORY IN?*</div><div>
    </div><div>_It is advisable you read the text first_</div><div>
    </div><div>📜TEXT:JEREMIAH 9:23-26📜</div><div>
    </div><div>Jeremiah 9:23-26</div><div>[23]Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:</div><div>[24]But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.</div><div>[25]Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised;</div><div>[26]Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart.</div><div>
    </div><div>🔑📖KEY VERSE: _*”Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD…” (JEREMIAH 9:23, 24).*_</div><div>
    </div><div>It is not uncommon as you interact with people, especially for the first time at social functions, to find them wanting to tell you much about themselves. They talk of their academic qualifications, material possessions, social status and connections, travels to different parts of the world, the various awards they have received, and the likes. Should you make a mistake to address them without the titles that go along with their names, they will take serious offence and demand your unreserved apology.</div><div>
    </div><div>In our passage today, God cautions the nation of Israel against taking pride and bragging about their material possessions. Boasting about their wisdom, wealth, worldly connections as well as their might is worthless. Rather, if they are to take pride in anything at all, it should be in the fact that they know the Lord. Knowing God and partaking of His righteousness and goodness is worth more than any worldly possession or attainment. The reason is obvious: all earthly possessions and attainments are temporal and transient. But God is eternal; and being in relationship with Him secures us eternal blessings.</div><div>
    </div><div>Christians, therefore, should hold the things of this world lightly. It is not as if they do not consider having worldly possessions as essential for life and are indifferent to them. They, instead, have a higher sense of value. They may have academic laurels, financial wealth and other material blessings; all these are not the most important things for them. They cherish and hold dearly their relationship with God above any of these.</div><div>
    </div><div>Unfortunately, today, some people claim to be Christians but give little or no time to nurturing their relationship with God. Instead, they spend the most part of their lives pursuing earthly things. You need to check your sense of value. What do you glory in? What gives you the greatest sense of joy and satisfaction? Remember, every earthly possession will pass away.</div><div>
    </div><div>✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: _*Glory in the Lord alone.*_</div><div>
    </div><div>📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:` *ECCLESIASTES 8-12*📜</div><div><br></div><div> *MEDITATION*</div><div><br></div><div>*The commonly neglected Christian virtue*</div><div><br></div><div>*1. Things Christians should not take great pride in*</div><div>This differentiates true Christians from the worldly people. </div><div>a. Human wisdom, v23. This includes all forms of knowledge acquired by the natural man solely by the intellect.</div><div>b. Earthly wealth, v23. All earthly possessions, personalities and positions.</div><div>c. Endowed or acquired wonders, v23.</div><div>This includes skills, talents and achievements that are not common including physical beauty.</div><div><br></div><div>Riches are fleeting, wisdom of man at times is utter foolishness when compared to the wisdom of God and acquired or endowed possessions including beauty are all temporary things that fade with time.</div><div><br></div><div>*Question*</div><div>a. What are other things nature man takes pride in for which the Spirit is saying NO in this passage?</div><div>b. Why, using Bible passages, is taking pride in them is condemned by God?</div><div><br></div><div>*2. The things Christians are permitted to take great pride in*</div><div>a. Take pride in your revelation knowledge of God’s nature, v24.</div><div>b. The revelation knowledge of the love, justice and the righteousness of God is the greatest, truest, life changing and eternally rewarding knowledge any man on earth can have.</div><div>c. Since it is solely given by the revelation of God, only the humble can get that revelation, Matthew 11:25.</div><div>d. Therefore, taking great pride in it is not borne out of pride but tantamount to giving God the glory. </div><div><br></div><div>*Quick check*</div><div>a. What do you take great pride in in your life?</div><div>b. Does it go in line with God’s command in the text?</div><div><br></div><div>*Prayer points*</div><div>Lord, purge my heart from all pride and its tendencies🙏</div><div>Give me the humble virtue that will not glory in self and achievements any more🙏</div><div>Lord, give me more revelation knowledge of yourself in my inner man by the Holy Spirit🙏</div><div>Lord, paint this virtue in the heart of all the saints in the church🙏</div><div><br></div><div>*HYMN* Tender Spirit Dwell With Me </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>*Good morning sir/ma.*</div>

Clinton replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Clinton

1 December 2022 at 1:09 am

Hallelujah

Home
Members
Market
Rewards