DAILY ⓂANNA* SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST, 2022

• DAILY ⓂANNA* SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 28 August 2022 at 8:07 am

*<div>
    </div><div> *YOU ARE THE WATCHMAN*</div><div>
    </div><div>_It is advisable you read the text first_</div><div>
    </div><div>📜TEXT:EZEKIEL 3:16-23📜</div><div>16 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,</div><div>17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.</div><div>18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.</div><div>19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.</div><div>20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.</div><div>21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.</div><div>22 And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee.</div><div>23 Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face.</div><div>
    </div><div>🔑📖KEY VERSE: _*”Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me” (EZEKIEL 3:17).*_</div><div>
    </div><div>The role of the watchman in ancient times is to warn the people of impending danger. While the watchman who warns of the physical danger is important, that of the spiritual is even more important. The spiritual watchman, the Christian, has the duty of warning men of the danger of not obeying the word of God and the damnation that follows it.</div><div>
    </div><div>God called Ezekiel as a prophet-watchman over the house of Israel. He was to warn the wicked to turn away from his wickedness and the righteous to maintain his righteousness to avert God’s judgement. Failure to do so will leave the people without the necessary warnings and eventually bring God’s judgement upon them. And because they were not warned, God would require their blood, in his hands.</div><div>
    </div><div>Today, every born again Christian is called, like Ezekiel, to be a watchman to bring God’s message of love and judgement to all men through the gospel. Except this gospel message is preached, men will not hear; and if they do not hear, they cannot be saved. The Lord Himself had set the example as He “went about all Galilee, teaching…and preaching…and healing all manner of sickness” (Matthew 4:23). Apostle Paul said, “woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel” (1 Corinthians 9:16). John Knox prayed, “Lord, give me Scotland or else I die”. One prayer that was common during the days of William Seymour was, “Lord, this is another day that hell must lose men and women.” What is your prayer?</div><div>
    </div><div>✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE +%DAY: _*Be a dependable watchman by taking the gospel to the dying world.*_</div><div>
    </div><div>📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:*TITUS 1-3*📜</div><div>
    </div><div> *MEDITATION*</div><div>
    </div><div>*Callous Christian?*</div><div>
    </div><div>1. The text shows that personal righteousness, while non negotiable, is not enough to please God and make heaven.</div><div>2. The sin of keeping mute or quiet when your message can save or make someone to think of salvation of his/her soul is deadly. </div><div>3. If you are asked to warn a wicked person or you know the solution or the way of salvation to the lost and you keep quiet, you will receive the same judgement as the wicked, vv17,18.</div><div>4. You are free from the blood of the unrepentant inasmuch as you do your own part, v19.</div><div>5. Your ministry is not only to the wicked or sinner but to the backsliders, vv20,21. This shows that only saints who endured to the end, living in righteousness, will be qualified to make heaven.</div><div>6. If you notice someone who has known the truth before but is now deviating from the truth, you still have a responsibility towards such people, v21.</div><div>7. Irresponsibility on your part, for any reason, is a bloody sin, v21.</div><div>8. Read also I John 5:16-18.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Questions*</div><div>What are the implications of this clear divine revelation to you? Are there people in such groups that you have neglected?</div><div>
    </div><div>*Prayer points*</div><div>Confess to God areas you have failed in this respect and ask for forgiveness🙏</div><div>Promise God that you will not disobey again the ministration of the Holy Spirit to minister to any of these groups🙏</div><div>Ask God for spiritual sensitivity to be knowing those you should ministering to🙏</div><div>Pray for restoration of all backsliders in the Church🙏</div><div>
    </div><div>*HYMN* Go and tell the story</div>

David replied 1 year, 5 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Esther

29 August 2022 at 7:19 pm
    779 Points

👌👌

• Daniel

30 August 2022 at 8:24 am
    8641 Points

✅✅

• David