DAILY ⓂANNA WEDNESDAY 19TH OCTOBER, 2022

• DAILY ⓂANNA WEDNESDAY 19TH OCTOBER, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 19 October 2022 at 10:39 am

It is advisable that you prayerfully and meditatively read the text first

BEWARE OF DECEIVERS

TEXT: 2 JOHN 7-13

📖 READING

2 JOHN 1:7-13

[7]For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

[8]Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

[9]Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

[10]If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

[11]For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

[12]Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

[13]The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

🔑📖KEY VERSE: “For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist” (2 JOHN 1:7).

The caution against deceivers and their activities has been from time immemorial. The custodians of our faith, including the Godhead, the holy prophets and apostles of Christ had always expressed concerns over the activities of deceivers, among God’s people and the consequences of their actions should we allow them in our individual or corporate lives and worship.

Apostle John was glad with the progress this Christian family had made in following the way and teachings of Christ and His apostles. He did not fail to warn these beloved saints of the activities and grave danger the many deceivers who had emerged in the world posed to the pilgrims on the road to heaven. He remarked that these deceivers would deny the virgin birth of Christ, His doctrines and the Godhead in a bid to spread their damnable teachings. The warnings of the Apostle was emphatic and final. The brethren were warned not to listen to them, but rather watch and ensure they hold steadfastly to the truth they had been taught.

Deceivers in contemporary times are in their multitudes and so are their activities and plans. Modern knowledge and technology have exacerbated their works. However, the grace of God and the knowledge of the truth are more than sufficient to keep us from being swept away by the evil tide of false and deceptive preachers.

As believers, we must be assured of the ever-abiding presence of the Holy Spirit and the promises of Scripture that the Lord will keep us till the end as we remain steadfast.

✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Make no room for error; hold firm to the truth.

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:REVELATION 18-20

MEDITATION

Neglected by modern day saints and preachers

The text contains eternally important divine messages that are often neglected by modern day preachers and saints.

1. Those many preachers today who have deviated from the fundamental doctrines of Christ are deceivers and antichrists. Today, many ignorantly interprete this kind of messages as judgemental and without love, v7. Such messages should be back to the pulpit 👌

2. A labourer in God’s vineyard will not receive his/her full reward if, for any reason, the fruit of the labour does not abide or stand the test of time, v8. For example, how do you get a full reward for winning a soul into the kingdom when the soul does not reach heaven eventually?

3. Whosoever deviate, for any reason, from the fundamental doctrines of Christ, is a transgressor and does not have God no matter the supposedly spirituality of the person, v9.

4. Anybody who, for any reason including in the Spirit of brotherliness or ecumenism, do accommodate, associate, fellowship or befriend anybody or body that deviates from any of the fundamental doctrines of Christ is an evil doer and you know the destiny of an evil doer, vv10,11. So doctrines of Christ must be at the center of a true and godly pulpit🤷‍♂️

Question

Reflect on how you and your preachers are keeping to these often neglected, modified or diluted word of God. Are you faithful to them?

Prayer points

Lord, give me knowledge and discernment never to fall into the snare of deceivers in angelic regalia🙏

Lord, I want full reward for my service. Give me the diligence and faithfully needed🙏

Keep my Church and the ministers in the fundamental doctrines of the word of God🙏

Lord, expose all those who have deviated from the full orbed truth of Jesus so that they will not be able to deceive and mislead the sincere saints🙏

HYMN Faith of our fathersDAILY ⓂANNA
    WEDNESDAY 19TH OCTOBER, 2022

It is advisable that you prayerfully and meditatively read the text first

BEWARE OF DECEIVERS
    TEXT: 2 JOHN 7-13

📖 READING
    2 JOHN 1:7-13

[7]For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

[8]Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

[9]Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

[10]If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

[11]For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

[12]Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

[13]The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

🔑📖KEY VERSE: “For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist” (2 JOHN 1:7).

The caution against deceivers and their activities has been from time immemorial. The custodians of our faith, including the Godhead, the holy prophets and apostles of Christ had always expressed concerns over the activities of deceivers, among God’s people and the consequences of their actions should we allow them in our individual or corporate lives and worship.

Apostle John was glad with the progress this Christian family had made in following the way and teachings of Christ and His apostles. He did not fail to warn these beloved saints of the activities and grave danger the many deceivers who had emerged in the world posed to the pilgrims on the road to heaven. He remarked that these deceivers would deny the virgin birth of Christ, His doctrines and the Godhead in a bid to spread their damnable teachings. The warnings of the Apostle was emphatic and final. The brethren were warned not to listen to them, but rather watch and ensure they hold steadfastly to the truth they had been taught.

Deceivers in contemporary times are in their multitudes and so are their activities and plans. Modern knowledge and technology have exacerbated their works. However, the grace of God and the knowledge of the truth are more than sufficient to keep us from being swept away by the evil tide of false and deceptive preachers.

As believers, we must be assured of the ever-abiding presence of the Holy Spirit and the promises of Scripture that the Lord will keep us till the end as we remain steadfast.

✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Make no room for error; hold firm to the truth.

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:REVELATION 18-20

MEDITATION

Neglected by modern day saints and preachers

The text contains eternally important divine messages that are often neglected by modern day preachers and saints.

1. Those many preachers today who have deviated from the fundamental doctrines of Christ are deceivers and antichrists. Today, many ignorantly interprete this kind of messages as judgemental and without love, v7. Such messages should be back to the pulpit 👌
    2. A labourer in God’s vineyard will not receive his/her full reward if, for any reason, the fruit of the labour does not abide or stand the test of time, v8. For example, how do you get a full reward for winning a soul into the kingdom when the soul does not reach heaven eventually?
    3. Whosoever deviate, for any reason, from the fundamental doctrines of Christ, is a transgressor and does not have God no matter the supposedly spirituality of the person, v9.
    4. Anybody who, for any reason including in the Spirit of brotherliness or ecumenism, do accommodate, associate, fellowship or befriend anybody or body that deviates from any of the fundamental doctrines of Christ is an evil doer and you know the destiny of an evil doer, vv10,11. So doctrines of Christ must be at the center of a true and godly pulpit🤷‍♂️

Question
    Reflect on how you and your preachers are keeping to these often neglected, modified or diluted word of God. Are you faithful to them?

Prayer points
    Lord, give me knowledge and discernment never to fall into the snare of deceivers in angelic regalia🙏
    Lord, I want full reward for my service. Give me the diligence and faithfully needed🙏
    Keep my Church and the ministers in the fundamental doctrines of the word of God🙏
    Lord, expose all those who have deviated from the full orbed truth of Jesus so that they will not be able to deceive and mislead the sincere saints🙏

HYMN Faith of our fathers

David replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    19 October 2022 at 12:58 pm

PRAISE GOD

• Daniel

20 October 2022 at 8:44 am

HALLELUYAH

• David

Organizer