DAILY  MANNA* MONDAY 22ND AUGUST, 2022

• DAILY  MANNA* MONDAY 22ND AUGUST, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 22 August 2022 at 6:02 am

*<div>
    </div><div> *POOR SAINTS*</div><div>
    </div><div>_It is advisable you read the text first_</div><div>
    </div><div>*📜TEXT:* ROMANS 15:19-29📜</div><div>
    </div><div>Romans 15:19-29</div><div>[19]Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.</div><div>[20]Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man’s foundation:</div><div>[21]But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.</div><div>[22]For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.</div><div>[23]But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you;</div><div>[24]Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.</div><div>[25]But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.</div><div>[26]For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.</div><div>[27]It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.</div><div>[28]When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.</div><div>[29]And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.</div><div>
    </div><div>🔑📖 *KEY VERSE: “For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem” (ROMANS 15:26).*</div><div>
    </div><div>Julian the apostate was the last non-Christian (or pagan) Roman emperor. He acknowledged that the Christians or the “Galileans” as he referred to them, took care of the needy far more than their pagan counterparts, which led to many new converts.</div><div>
    </div><div>In our text, Apostle Paul informed the church of his general ministry to the gentile world and the success God had given him in pioneering gospel work in many places. He enunciated also, his desire to visit the church in Rome after his trip to Jerusalem. The trip was to take to the church in Jerusalem, the financial contributions that the churches in Macedonia had made for the “poor saints” there. Paul collected the offerings to meet a real need in the lives of the saints in Jerusalem and to show that the Christian family truly should care for one another.</div><div>
    </div><div> Today, the prosperity gospel has blurred the spiritual vision of many people who see the poor as those who cannot be true believers. The early Christians witnessed serious economic adversities such that Paul and other people had to raise charity for them. And as Julian acknowledged, early Christians used charity to the poor as a means of evangelism that successfully turned many to God.</div><div>
    </div><div>You must remember the poor Christians in your congregations and community. You can give them money, food or clothes; do something to alleviate their sufferings. You can make a difference in the lives of fellow believers today.</div><div>
    </div><div>✍🏽 *THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:* Remembering the poor brings Christ closer to us!</div><div>
    </div><div>📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:* DANIEL 6-8📜</div><div>
    </div><div> *MEDITATION*</div><div>
    </div><div>*Commitment to giving the needy*</div><div>
    </div><div>1. Paul was a great and wonder-working apostle who obviously would be very occupied and busy with “the care of the churches” and evangelising the Gentiles, vv19-22. </div><div>
    </div><div>*Questions*</div><div>a. Aren’t you surprised that he suspended all those schedules so as to go to Jerusalem purposely to give financial support to the poor?, v26.</div><div>b. Why can’t he send people and face the “weightier” matter of the gospel when sinners are perishing and a great door is opened unto him? </div><div>c. Apart from being caring, how did Paul demonstrate humility even though he was a great Apostle?</div><div>
    </div><div>Caring for the poor, especially saints is one of the cardinal responsibilities of believers which true saints must not substitute for any other thing no matter how important.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>How are you or your church faithful or committed to this ministry of giving to support the poor?</div><div>
    </div><div>2. Paul went to Jerusalem to give financial support for the needy in the Headquarters Church, v26.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>a. What was Paul’s argument for giving to the Headquarters rather than waiting for the Headquarters to feed the needy in other nations? v27.</div><div>b. How should this principle reflect in our dealings with our pastors and missionaries?</div><div>
    </div><div>3. The Bible also taught that parents, including spiritual parents, should lay up for the children, 2 Corinthians 12:14.</div><div>
    </div><div>This shows that giving to support the needy is not one sided. Every church or believer must give to one another. </div><div>See 2 Corinthians 8:2-4 where the poverty laden Church also demonstrated the grace to give the needy or the poor. It is called “fellowship of ministering to the saints”.</div><div>
    </div><div>*Prayer points*</div><div>Ask God to forgive you if you have been giving excuses on this important every believer’s ministry 🙏</div><div>Ask for more grace to be a cheerful giver🙏</div><div>Ask God for this grace on all His saints and the willingness to abide🙏</div><div>Pray for help to be sent to all His children who are battling with hunger and poverty 🙏</div><div>
    </div><div>*HYMN* Somebody need your love</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>*Good morning sir/ma.*</div>

David replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    23 August 2022 at 9:15 am

Hallelujah

• Daniel

23 August 2022 at 11:42 am

GGlorrry