MEDITATIONS ON HEAVENLY ⓂANNA* WEDNESDAY 4TH JANUARY, 2023

• MEDITATIONS ON HEAVENLY ⓂANNA* WEDNESDAY 4TH JANUARY, 2023

Posted by Daniel on 5 January 2023 at 9:39 am

*<div>*HOW TO ENGAGE THE NEW YEAR PRODUCTIVELY AND PROACTIVELY*</div><div>
    </div><div>*TEXT:* Nehemiah 1:1-3.</div><div>
    </div><div>1. The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace,</div><div>2. That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.</div><div>3. And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.</div><div>
    </div><div>*TIMELESS TRUTH* </div><div>_And let our’s also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful_ ,Titus 3:14</div><div>
    </div><div>INTRODUCTION</div><div>
    </div><div>We are confronted with the story of a King’s waiter who got an information in November-December of 20th year of the reign of the most powerful king in the then world. Few weeks after, in the New year, he was elevated to the position of the Governor of Judah, a high position he never taught of. What was the secret? How did his new year become one of the greatest and most prospered year of his life? The text gives some clues. Read on.</div><div>
    </div><div>*1. Think of what to bequeath to your, and future generation*</div><div>a. Nehemiah, apart from his service to King Artaxerxes and the people of Judah, bequeathed an historical book that soon became a generational reference point in many areas, especially leadership, to the whole world.</div><div>b. He decided to write an historical book that will be an inspiration to future leaders even though he could just have quietly governed Judah, enjoyed his life and returned to Shushan the Palace.</div><div>c. Of course it took diligence and sacrifice to come up with it. God blessed his good intentions with inspiration. It became an unforgettable legacy.</div><div>d. There are various legacies to leave for the present and future generations. It may be training or mentoring a young convert or professional. It may be different kinds of investments on the young people. It may also include establishing impactful institutions and NGO.</div><div>e. So in order to live a prosperous year, you must think through of what you want to bequeath for the present and future generation, and what good thing you want to be remembered for. Once you prayerfully decide on it you must rigorously and vigorous work at it. Each passing day reduces the time available at your disposal. Act Now🤷‍♂️</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>What can you engage in this new year that will be a blessing to your present and future generations? Are you willing and ready to pay the price?</div><div>
    </div><div>*2. Take interest in the present challenges around you*</div><div>a. Nehemiah was not born in Judah and he has never been to Jerusalem. In fact, the first set of returnees that went back to Jerusalem returned about 100 years before this time of Nehemiah recorded in the text.</div><div>b. Yet the interest of Nehemiah for the welfare of his people and his place of origin was ever strong without fading with time. For him, out of sight is not out of mind. His body was in palatial Shushan with all its enjoyment, but his heart was in Jerusalem where he was told he originated from, v2. The saints heart too must be in heaven no matter what they are enjoying or aspiring to be in this present world✅</div><div>c. Burden and concern for the welfare of your people must neither be compromised for other personal cares or excuses of present preoccupation if your year will be prospered.</div><div>d. Think of what you can do to help your own people regardless of your distance. This is the motivation for non governmental organizations (NGOs). Believers should not be left out under the excuse of spiritual involvements, and engagements in the place of work. </div><div>e. You do not need permission before you do good. You only need counselling and wisdom to do it in the best way possible so that your good will not be evil spoken of👌</div><div>
    </div><div>*Question*</div><div>Do you think of how to help others or do you think of yourself alone? Do you think of how you can be a solution to problems in your community, or do you just spiritualise your lack of compassion? Are you like Nehemiah that even though his body was in Shushan, yet his spirit was with his people in Judah? Is your mind on heavenly things even though you are on the earth?</div><div>
    </div><div>*3. Take full inventory and be ready to be a solution*</div><div>a. Through concern, questioning and deliberate search for information, Nehemiah got one that changed the remaining part of the year.</div><div>*His people were in affliction, reproach and distress. He was not comfortable with this.</div><div>* Since over 100 years the first batch of captives reached Jerusalem, the issue of insecurity was not resolved compared to the heavily fortified Shushan the Palace where he lived. Unimaginable🤷‍♂️</div><div>* If the walls were not there, then the Temple must be insecure. No precious things can be kept in the Temple. The worship of God will not be like in the good old days he read about. Very disturbing.</div><div>* What a tragedy, what a distress, what a reproach!</div><div>c. Any one who wants to attain greatness in the New Year must be read to empathise, check up what others are passing through, and strategize on what he, within his ability, can do to be a solution, or part of the solution. Greatness is cultivated in the garden of service to others👌</div><div>
    </div><div>Be a Nehemiah for your generation✅</div><div>
    </div><div>*Prayer points*</div><div>Father, forgive me of my selfishness of last year as I promise to change🙏</div><div>Lord, give me a heart that is more easily touched by the needs of others around me, and the needs of my people🙏</div><div> Lord, open my eyes to what I can bequeath to this generation to the glory of God🙏</div><div>Lord, give every brother/sister the spirit of actively serving others, and take away the spirit of selfishness🙏</div><div>
    </div><div>*HYMN* *IS YOUR LIFE A CHANNEL OF BLESSING?*</div><div>
    </div><div>1. Is your life a channel of blessing?</div><div>Is the love of God flowing thro’ you?</div><div>Are you telling the lost of the Saviour?</div><div>Are you ready His service to do?</div><div> </div><div> Make me a channel of blessing today,</div><div> Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;</div><div> My life possessing, My service blessing,</div><div> Make me a channel of blessing today.</div><div>
    </div><div>2. Is your life a channel of blessing?</div><div>Are you burdened for those that are lost?</div><div>Have you urged upon those who are straying,</div><div>The Saviour who died on the cross?</div><div>
    </div><div>3. Is your life a channel of blessing?</div><div>Is it daily telling for Him?</div><div>Have you spoken the word of salvation</div><div>To those who are dying in sin?</div><div> </div><div>4. We cannot be channels of blessing</div><div>If our lives are not free from all sin;</div><div>We will barriers be and a hindrance</div><div>To those we are trying to win.</div><div> </div><div>
    </div><div>*Bible in One year* Genesis 11-13.</div><div>
    </div><div>Read, Meditate, Pray and Share to other platforms daily. They will be glad you did🙏</div>

Daniel replied 1 year, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Home
Members
Market
Rewards