DAILY ⓂANNA* MONDAY 29TH AUGUST, 2022

• DAILY ⓂANNA* MONDAY 29TH AUGUST, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 29 August 2022 at 6:18 am

*THE NEGLECTED PRAYER*

📜TEXT: MATTHEW 9:35-38📜

35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

🔑📖 KEY VERSE: “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest” (MATTHEW 9:37, 38).

Prayer is perhaps the greatest privilege God gave to man. It is the only means by which fallen man can be reconnected with the holy God to make true fellowship and union possible once again. It is man’s opportunity to talk to God his Maker, bring his challenges to Him and receive solutions to them. Bible saints like Moses, David, Samuel, Daniel, Esther as well as contemporary saints like Jonathan Edwards, William Grimshaw, George Muller and John Hyde among others were great instruments in God’s hands through their prayer lives.

In our passage, the Lord Jesus Christ, in His usual manner, went everywhere preaching, teaching and healing the people. But when He saw the multitude, as “fainting and scattered” people, as sheep having no shepherd, He turned to His disciples, instructing them to pray to God to send more labourers to His harvest, because the work was much but the labourers few.

Christians are enjoined to pray “always with all prayer and supplication”, which includes prayers and intercession for all men (1 Timothy 2:1); prayer for “the peace of Jerusalem (our nation)” (Psalm 122:6); prayer for the leadership of the church (Romans 15:30), among others. But perhaps the most neglected prayer is the one to send more labourers to the harvest field.

The Church must pray and be fully involved in soul-winning. God needs more labourers in the field of souls. Let us pray and labour now, for the coming of the Lord is near; “the night cometh when no man can work” (John 9:4).

✍🏽 THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: *WE MUST BACK OUR PRAYER UP WITH PREACHING TO BALANCE THE EQUATION.*

📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PHILEMON📜

*MEDITATION* *THE KEY ELEMENT OF THE GREAT COMMISSION*

1. The Great Commission is the command by the Lord Himself to the Church to evangelise and disciple the world.

2. The field is so vast that there is more than enough work for every Christian to do so that no believer should give any excuse, v37.

3. “The labourers are few” because the task outweighs the available labourers and therefore every Christian must prioritise and put nothing but the best into the work, v37.

4. The church and her members must not only be actively and directly involved in the Commission but must also plan and pray for more labourers, vv37,38.

5. The three fold ministry of teaching, preaching and healing must be employed in achieving this heavenly vision, v35.

*Questions*

a. What are the differences between teaching and preaching?

b. Do you have compassion for the lost?

c. Can you claim that you are putting your best to save the lost as priority?

*Prayer points*

Ask for pardon for your unfaithfulness in obeying the Great Commission🙏

Ask for heart burden and compassion for the lost🙏

Ask God to touch and strengthen your prayer and intercessory life for the lost🙏

Pray that God will raise up labourers from the global crusade converts🙏

*HYMN* *SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER* *(GHS 170)*

Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!

That calls me from a world of care

And bids me at my Father’s throne

Make all my wants and wishes known;

In seasons of distress and grief,

My soul has often found relief,

And oft escape the tempter’s snare

By thy return, sweet hour of prayer.

Sweet hour of prayer!

sweet hour of prayer!

Thy wings shall my petition bear

To Him whose truth and faithfulness

Engage the waiting soul to bless;

And since he bids me seek His face,

Believe His Word and trust His grace,

I’ll cast on Him my every care,

And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.

May I thy consolation share,

Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,

I view my home, and take my flight:

This robe of flesh I drop, and rise

To seize the everlasting prize;

And shout, while passing through the air,

Farewell, farewell,

sweet hour of prayer.*DAILY ⓂANNA*

MONDAY 29TH AUGUST, 2022

*THE NEGLECTED PRAYER*

📜TEXT: MATTHEW 9:35-38📜

35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
    36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
    37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
    38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

🔑📖 KEY VERSE: “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest” (MATTHEW 9:37, 38).

Prayer is perhaps the greatest privilege God gave to man. It is the only means by which fallen man can be reconnected with the holy God to make true fellowship and union possible once again. It is man’s opportunity to talk to God his Maker, bring his challenges to Him and receive solutions to them. Bible saints like Moses, David, Samuel, Daniel, Esther as well as contemporary saints like Jonathan Edwards, William Grimshaw, George Muller and John Hyde among others were great instruments in God’s hands through their prayer lives.

In our passage, the Lord Jesus Christ, in His usual manner, went everywhere preaching, teaching and healing the people. But when He saw the multitude, as “fainting and scattered” people, as sheep having no shepherd, He turned to His disciples, instructing them to pray to God to send more labourers to His harvest, because the work was much but the labourers few.

Christians are enjoined to pray “always with all prayer and supplication”, which includes prayers and intercession for all men (1 Timothy 2:1); prayer for “the peace of Jerusalem (our nation)” (Psalm 122:6); prayer for the leadership of the church (Romans 15:30), among others. But perhaps the most neglected prayer is the one to send more labourers to the harvest field.

The Church must pray and be fully involved in soul-winning. God needs more labourers in the field of souls. Let us pray and labour now, for the coming of the Lord is near; “the night cometh when no man can work” (John 9:4).

✍🏽 THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: *WE MUST BACK OUR PRAYER UP WITH PREACHING TO BALANCE THE EQUATION.*

📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PHILEMON📜

*MEDITATION* *THE KEY ELEMENT OF THE GREAT COMMISSION*

1. The Great Commission is the command by the Lord Himself to the Church to evangelise and disciple the world.
    2. The field is so vast that there is more than enough work for every Christian to do so that no believer should give any excuse, v37.
    3. “The labourers are few” because the task outweighs the available labourers and therefore every Christian must prioritise and put nothing but the best into the work, v37.
    4. The church and her members must not only be actively and directly involved in the Commission but must also plan and pray for more labourers, vv37,38.
    5. The three fold ministry of teaching, preaching and healing must be employed in achieving this heavenly vision, v35.

*Questions*
    a. What are the differences between teaching and preaching?
    b. Do you have compassion for the lost?
    c. Can you claim that you are putting your best to save the lost as priority?

*Prayer points*
    Ask for pardon for your unfaithfulness in obeying the Great Commission🙏
    Ask for heart burden and compassion for the lost🙏
    Ask God to touch and strengthen your prayer and intercessory life for the lost🙏
    Pray that God will raise up labourers from the global crusade converts🙏

*HYMN* *SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER* *(GHS 170)*
    That calls me from a world of care
    And bids me at my Father’s throne
    Make all my wants and wishes known;
    In seasons of distress and grief,
    My soul has often found relief,
    And oft escape the tempter’s snare
    By thy return, sweet hour of prayer.

Sweet hour of prayer!
    sweet hour of prayer!
    Thy wings shall my petition bear
    To Him whose truth and faithfulness
    Engage the waiting soul to bless;
    And since he bids me seek His face,
    Believe His Word and trust His grace,
    I’ll cast on Him my every care,
    And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.

May I thy consolation share,
    Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,
    I view my home, and take my flight:
    This robe of flesh I drop, and rise
    To seize the everlasting prize;
    And shout, while passing through the air,
    Farewell, farewell,
    sweet hour of prayer.

David replied 1 year, 5 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Esther

29 August 2022 at 7:20 pm