DAILY MANNA THURSDAY 24TH NOVEMBER, 2022

• DAILY MANNA THURSDAY 24TH NOVEMBER, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 24 November 2022 at 7:52 am

WHERE IS HIS HONOUR?

It is advisable you read the text first

TEXT:MALACHI 1:6-14

Malachi 1:6-14

[6]A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

[7]Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.

[8]And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.

[9]And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the LORD of hosts.

[10]Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the LORD of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.

[11]For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

[12]But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the LORD is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible.

[13]Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.

[14]But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

KEY VERSE: “A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?” (MALACHI 1:6).

Most nations and groups around the world have a culture of respect for different categories of people within the society. Rulers, parents and the elderly are especially accorded so much respect. This show of respect is displayed not only in greetings and the way they are spoken to, but also in the way they are treated generally. For instance, if the ruler among the people is to be presented with any gift, the best is usually given no matter the disposition and status of the giver.

If mortal men are treated with so much honour and respect, God deserves more. The children of Israel however, from our passage, seemed to have lost all their honour and respect for God. It is even sadder that their priests and leaders treated God with much contempt. They disregarded the laws of God and showed no respect to Him as Father. They desecrated the worship of the Lord and offered animals with blemishes on the altar, giving God what may be termed as their leftovers and not good enough for their human kings and leaders. Displeased with these acts of disrespect and profanity, God placed a curse on them.

We still find these acts of dishonour and disrespect to God among many today. People show total disregard to Him and His word by shunning His counsels and disobeying His commands. Even in worship, so many people dishonour God. The best of their time all through the week is given in pursuit of their personal interest while they grudgingly manage to give God a few hours on Sundays.

If rulers of the world would engage the best in their territories to serve in their royal courts, the King of kings should have the best of us serving in His vineyard. He deserves the best that we have. We need to reconsider our ways and repent of every act of disrespect and dishonour we may have been showing towards God. He is our Father, Lord and King; and He deserves that we honour Him as such.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: How much honour do you give to God?

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: ECCLESIASTES 1-3

MEDITATION

How God is dishonoured

God’s probing question is that how do we act or give to God what we cannot do or give men that we honour?

1. Polluted offerings cannot be given to kings. Why do we give to God corrupted offerings of worship, gifts from questionable sources etc that are tainted with carnality to God?, v6. Do we think He does not see or ponder about it? Should man be more honoured than God?, vv7,8.

2. Giving anything less than perfect in our consecration and service is a dishonour to God because man will always like to give the best to those they honour, v8. Or do we think God does not care? God says He cares

3. If man does not give regard to God that worths His greatness, He Himself we not give us regards that we may desperately need, v9. Can you see why some prayers receive no answer from God?

4. God said “He had no pleasure in them” and it was better there was no sacrifice than giving defective sacrifices, v10. God will not accept offerings or sacrifices that do not befit His greatness as the King of the whole earth, v11. How many people today are there that think they are serving God but God said He does not have pleasure in them?

5. There is a curse of God on anyone who knows best things to give to God but decided to give something less than the best, v14. God have mercy

Questions

a. Mention different types of offerings man can give to God? (Hint: Tithes, time, talent, treasures, totality of your life etc).

b. Do you give your best to the Master in all these areas?

c. Do you give the best of your time in the day to have fellowship with God?

d. Do you give your service to man as priority compared to God?

e. Is your worship, gifts, life and service done in perfection of holiness or are they tainted with impure motives, thoughts and activities?

Prayer points

Ask God to forgive you in specific areas you have not been giving Him His due honour

Promise God that your offerings will be in purity of heart and thoughts henceforth, and ask God to give you the Spirit of sincerity and holiness

Ask God for more of His revelation that will make you fear and honour Him more and more

Pray that God will purge believers from giving all impure and imperfect offerings that do not glorify God

HYMN Give of Your Best to the Master.

Good morning sir/ma.

Daniel replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Home
Members
Market
Rewards