DAILY MANNA TUESDAY 22ND NOVEMBER, 2022

• DAILY MANNA TUESDAY 22ND NOVEMBER, 2022

Posted by Daniel on 24 November 2022 at 7:51 am

It is advisable that you prayerfully and meditatively read the text first

DON’T PLACE A LIMIT!

TEXT: ZECHARIAH 2:1-8

READING

ZECHARIAH 2:1-8

[1]I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.

[2]Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.

[3]And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,

[4]And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:

[5]For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

[6]Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

[7]Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

[8]For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

KEY VERSE: “And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein” (ZECHARIAH 2:4).

What would our lives look like if we do not put limitations on what God can do for us and through us? Often, our achievements and attainments in life are due to the limits we place on ourselves or those we allow others or situations around us to place on us. The truth is, God has wired us with vast and limitless potentials and abilities that the skies should be our starting points and never our limits!

In the vision God gave to Zechariah about the returnees to Jerusalem and the rebuilding of the city, there is a man with a measuring rod trying to measure the boundaries of the city, obviously to determine the limits and where the walls will be. God declared that no wall was to be built around Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem is not to be measured by the boundaries of the former that was destroyed when the inhabitants were taken away into captivity. God Himself would be the wall of fire around them, providing them the protection they would need so that nothing and no one could stop them.

Many a time, we tend to allow our past experiences and attainments place a limit on our present and future aspirations. What He intends for us is to build a city without walls – have a life without boundaries and make rooms for unlimited growths and achievements. We are not to be afraid of the enemies because the Almighty has promised to make Himself a wall of fire around us.

The Church must place no limit on her evangelistic outreaches and programmes. We are not to rule out the possibility of anyone getting saved and being part of the Church, no matter how deep in sin or how high or low in society. We must not place a limit on what we expect God to do. Today, as you go out, know that there is no limit to what God can do for you and through you.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Do not place a limit that God did not place on you!

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 KINGS 22-23

MEDITATION

The millennial promises that are valid for believers today

1. The prophesy has to do with the new Jerusalem that will be built at the kingdom age or millennial reign, vv2,4.

2. While the natural Jews may have to wait till the millennial reign of Christ before they enjoy those promises, the believers of today, based on the covenant of the blood of Jesus, are entitled to claim them now.

The first promise

“I will be unto you a wall of fire round about and I will be the glory in the midst of her”, v5.

a. How does this promise apply to you when you are asleep?

b. Who are those wicked than can penetrate divine fire and destroy your life?

c. Can wicked people assault and harm you when this promise is activated in your life?

d. The glory of God of holiness must be in your life in order to enjoy this promise fully, v5. If you are not enjoying it, the glory might have departed or it was never there in your life

d. What do you think are those things in your life that can make God’s angels to withdraw the fire?

Doing things that pleases God at all times make this promise activated in your life and you can lean on it without the fear of what the enemy can do.

The second promise

“He that touches you touches the apple of His eyes”, v8.

1. What do you do when someone attempts to touch the apple of your eye? Can he/she ever succeeds when you are still free and healthy?

2. Do you think the God of the universe will allow a natural and weakend man to touch the apple of His own eyes?

3. If God calls the saints the apple of His eye, can you imagine how precious you are to God and the kind of care and protection He gives you? Can you think of what you lose if you are not saintly?

Read those promises until they become real and settled in your mind.

Prayer points

Praise God for His sure care and protection over your life

Ask God to activate those promises in your life and stop every aggression or intrusion of the wicked

Ask for a divine revelation of any loophole the wicked is using deactivate this promises in your life

Ask for the faith and power to say NO to every powers that may want to neutralise these promises in God’s children

HYMN Standing on the promises.

Daniel replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Home
Members
Market
Rewards