EVANGEL DAILY MEAL Thursday 25th August, 2022.

• EVANGEL DAILY MEAL Thursday 25th August, 2022.

Posted by Daniel on 25 August 2022 at 7:48 am

🍲 <div>____</div><div>TOPIC:</div><div>THE CROWN AT LAST</div><div>
    </div><div>🔑 KEY VERSE:</div><div>”I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14 NET)</div><div>
    </div><div>TODAY’S TEXT</div><div>Philippians 3:4-15</div><div>
    </div><div>MESSAGE</div><div>The popularity of trophy, prize, cup, shield, etc. as an object, awarded for success in a competition or to mark a special achievement is so common among us that we will lose nothing without its expatiation. The Christian service is variously described in three models in the scriptures: a soldier in the army, participating in a boxing contest and as an athlete on a field event. A common denominator among the above is, they always a prospective award-winner at the end of the contest. Every day, God calls sinners to the cross and calls the elects to the service crown. Our text today presents an interesting masterpiece of revelation opening with false righteousness. What is it? One of the few men who came nearest to reaching God through his personal goodness transmuted to be the chief of sinners. Check out Paul’s incomparable credentials:</div><div>Circumcised – stamped as God’s from childhood.</div><div>Stock of lsrael – with blood right to salvation.</div><div>Tribe of Benjamin – the tribe who never broke away.</div><div>Hebrew of the Hebrews – full blooded Israelite, not a mulatto.</div><div>A Pharisee – Absolute orthodox without liberal theology coating.</div><div>Persecuting the Church – Totally sold to God’s Law and Tradition.</div><div>On the Law, blameless – Obedient to the letters of the Law.</div><div>
    </div><div>”If any man thinketh to have confidence in the flesh, I yet more”, but Paul’s failure, the total human race with its Lots was doomed to hopelessness. He was to discover with Isaiah, that all our righteousness was like filthy rags (lsaiah 64:6).</div><div>
    </div><div>He then discovered that what he could not do, Christ did. What he could not be, Christ was. He did it to take his place. He instantly, dropped his own personal goodness and picked up Christ’s. He dropped all his credentials and took up Christ’s flawless treasure. Paul never again doubted his salvation. Christ has kept the law for us completely. His righteousness is non Paul’s and all that have accepted and will accept him would without end. Paul declared that I count not myself to have finished but to press on towards the goal unto the trophy of His high calling. Note this: The trophy cannot be assumed until it is won. Continuous efforts. No record of past services can guarantee the award till the end.</div><div>➖➖➖➖➖➖</div><div>Connect to EVANGEL DAILY MEAL:</div><div>https://www.facebook.com/groups/155582217965099/</div><div>___ </div><div>Connect to EVANGEL daily meal:</div><div>https://chat.whatsapp.com/EoOCds1uWBq0PIkp1ZD6sO</div><div&gt; </div><div>🎚 CONTROLLING THOUGHTS </div><div> The crown at the finish line should be our focus and every effort channelled to secure it.</div><div>
    </div><div>🙏🏿 PRAYER</div><div>Lord Jesus, help me not to be distracted and to channel my efforts aright.</div><div>
    </div><div>BIBLE STUDY IN ONE YEAR</div><div>Jeremiah 9–12</div><div>
    </div><div>🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀 </div><div>Connect to EVANGEL DAILY MEAL platform here: Telegram:</div><div>
    </div><div>https://t.me/+V5kw9VXn19V-AFmz</div&gt;

David replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    25 August 2022 at 2:42 pm
    64111 Points

Hallelujah

• Daniel

25 August 2022 at 4:05 pm
    8641 Points

GGloryyy