TODAYS MEDICINE

• Posted by David on 22 September 2022 at 7:42 am

There’re remarkable instances in Scripture that help us understand that the Lord indeed tests men’s hearts. Consider the story of David, how God chose him from the

house of Jesse and the very significant rejection of his brother, Eliab. Eliab, from the outward appearance, was everything you’d want in a leader. The moment he showed up, and Samuel the Prophet saw him, he said, “…Surely the Lord’s anointed is before him” (1 Samuel 16:6).

However, the Bible says, “But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him…for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7). Notice the Lord’s choice of words; He didn’t say, “Don’t anoint Eliab, for I have not chosen him.” If He had said that, it would mean Eliab wasn’t even considered in the first place. But the Lord said, “I have refused him.” It means that God considered him and said, “No!”

Did Eliab ever know that he was considered by God to someday be king over Israel? No! But God considered him and

But I, GOD, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be (Jeremiah 17:10 MSG).

found him wanting. The story of Abraham is another case in point, this time, a positive one, because Abraham passed the test. After years of wanting a child, he and Sarah eventually had a son at their old age. But one day, the Bible says God tested Abraham. He asked him to offer his only son, Isaac, as a sacrifice (Genesis 22:2). God didn’t announce to Abraham, “Hey I want to test you now,” no! But Abraham demonstrated his faith that God could raise Isaac from the dead, and symbolically, that’s exactly what happened (Hebrews 11:17-19). He trusted completely in the Lord and obeyed.

You may never know when you’re being tested or considered for the next level of your assignment and promotion. The important thing is for you not to be found wanting. It’s the reason you must walk in faith, hope and love. Be humble, and always be at your best, not in hypocrisy, but in integrity of heart and in uprightness, for God indeed sees your heart.

I have a heart that loves the Lord passionately and serves Him truly. My desire, O Lord, is to please you always. I’m aligned with your Word today, to know and walk in your perfect will concerning all things, such that my life will bring you glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 17:3; Psalm 26:2 NLT; 1 Samuel 16:1

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Galatians 6:1-18 & Isaiah 9-10

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

1 Timothy 5:19-25 & Jeremiah 40There’re remarkable instances in Scripture that help us understand that the Lord indeed tests men’s hearts. Consider the story of David, how God chose him from the
    house of Jesse and the very significant rejection of his brother, Eliab. Eliab, from the outward appearance, was everything you’d want in a leader. The moment he showed up, and Samuel the Prophet saw him, he said, “…Surely the Lord’s anointed is before him” (1 Samuel 16:6).
    However, the Bible says, “But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him…for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7). Notice the Lord’s choice of words; He didn’t say, “Don’t anoint Eliab, for I have not chosen him.” If He had said that, it would mean Eliab wasn’t even considered in the first place. But the Lord said, “I have refused him.” It means that God considered him and said, “No!”
    Did Eliab ever know that he was considered by God to someday be king over Israel? No! But God considered him and
    But I, GOD, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be (Jeremiah 17:10 MSG).

found him wanting. The story of Abraham is another case in point, this time, a positive one, because Abraham passed the test. After years of wanting a child, he and Sarah eventually had a son at their old age. But one day, the Bible says God tested Abraham. He asked him to offer his only son, Isaac, as a sacrifice (Genesis 22:2). God didn’t announce to Abraham, “Hey I want to test you now,” no! But Abraham demonstrated his faith that God could raise Isaac from the dead, and symbolically, that’s exactly what happened (Hebrews 11:17-19). He trusted completely in the Lord and obeyed.
    You may never know when you’re being tested or considered for the next level of your assignment and promotion. The important thing is for you not to be found wanting. It’s the reason you must walk in faith, hope and love. Be humble, and always be at your best, not in hypocrisy, but in integrity of heart and in uprightness, for God indeed sees your heart.
    I have a heart that loves the Lord passionately and serves Him truly. My desire, O Lord, is to please you always. I’m aligned with your Word today, to know and walk in your perfect will concerning all things, such that my life will bring you glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
    FURTHER STUDY:
    Proverbs 17:3; Psalm 26:2 NLT; 1 Samuel 16:1
    1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
    Galatians 6:1-18 & Isaiah 9-10
    2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
    1 Timothy 5:19-25 & Jeremiah 40

David replied 1 year, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Home
Members
Market