TODAYS MEDICINE

• Posted by David on 29 September 2022 at 11:37 am

When Jesus preached, there were those who listened to him and believed, and there were those who were critical and only listened to find fault with Him. The Pharisees sent

spies who posed as honest inquirers, hoping to trick Jesus into saying something that would get him in trouble with the Law. They asked Him, “Tell us: Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” (Luke 20:22 MSG).

The question was a trap, but Jesus recognized and understood their unscrupulousness and guile; so, He pointed them to the Roman denarius (a coin) with Caesar’s image on it, and said, “… give Caesar what is his and give God what is his” (Luke 20:25 MSG). They weren’t there to listen to Him, believe and be blessed, no! They wanted to trap Him with His speech, but Jesus is wisdom personified.

Mark 12:13 says, “And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.” In Matthew’s account, he wrote, “Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk” (Matthew 22:15). Luke 20:20 says, “And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor.”

Can you see the different reasons for which some of them

I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil (Psalm 119:162).

attended His meetings? Did Jesus know? Emphatically yes! But He didn’t expose them; He let them make up their minds for themselves after listening to His teachings. It’s the same today; how do you receive the Word? Do you receive it with a sincere heart?

The Bible says, “So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls” (James 1:21 AMPC). When you hear the Word of God, take it as it is in truth, with a genuine, truthful, sincere and honest heart. Remember, His Word is His Wisdom. Proverbs 4:5-6 says, “Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.”

PRAYER

Dear Father, your wisdom is functioning in me, and I’m excelling in good judgment, having the right ideas and making the right decisions. I’m propelled by the Word, listening with the right heart to the voice of wisdom. I say and do the right things, at the right time, for the right purpose, for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; Hebrews 4:12; James 1:21 AMPC

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Ephesians 5:3-21 & Isaiah 27-28

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

2 Timothy 4:1-10 & Jeremiah 47

71When Jesus preached, there were those who listened to him and believed, and there were those who were critical and only listened to find fault with Him. The Pharisees sent
    spies who posed as honest inquirers, hoping to trick Jesus into saying something that would get him in trouble with the Law. They asked Him, “Tell us: Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” (Luke 20:22 MSG).
    The question was a trap, but Jesus recognized and understood their unscrupulousness and guile; so, He pointed them to the Roman denarius (a coin) with Caesar’s image on it, and said, “… give Caesar what is his and give God what is his” (Luke 20:25 MSG). They weren’t there to listen to Him, believe and be blessed, no! They wanted to trap Him with His speech, but Jesus is wisdom personified.
    Mark 12:13 says, “And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.” In Matthew’s account, he wrote, “Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk” (Matthew 22:15). Luke 20:20 says, “And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor.”
    Can you see the different reasons for which some of them
    I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil (Psalm 119:162).

attended His meetings? Did Jesus know? Emphatically yes! But He didn’t expose them; He let them make up their minds for themselves after listening to His teachings. It’s the same today; how do you receive the Word? Do you receive it with a sincere heart?
    The Bible says, “So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls” (James 1:21 AMPC). When you hear the Word of God, take it as it is in truth, with a genuine, truthful, sincere and honest heart. Remember, His Word is His Wisdom. Proverbs 4:5-6 says, “Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.”
    PRAYER
    Dear Father, your wisdom is functioning in me, and I’m excelling in good judgment, having the right ideas and making the right decisions. I’m propelled by the Word, listening with the right heart to the voice of wisdom. I say and do the right things, at the right time, for the right purpose, for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
    FURTHER STUDY:
    2 Corinthians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; Hebrews 4:12; James 1:21 AMPC
    1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
    Ephesians 5:3-21 & Isaiah 27-28
    2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
    2 Timothy 4:1-10 & Jeremiah 47

David replied 1 year, 6 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    29 September 2022 at 11:37 am
    64111 Points