TODAYS MEDICINE

• Posted by David on 11 October 2022 at 2:06 am

Some people say they’re praising God and all they say is, “Lord, I praise you”; but the truth is that they haven’t praised Him. To give someone a gift, for example,

you don’t just say, “I give you a gift” and do nothing; you deliver the actual gift to the person. You don’t give the gift with your mouth; you act it.

It’s the same with praising, thanking and worshipping the Lord. You do it with content. When you say, “I bless you, Lord,” then go ahead and bless Him. How do you bless Him? It’s by giving Him thanks: you thank Him for who He is, what He’s done, and for His glory in your life.

There has to be a meaning when you thank Him; what’s the thanks connected to? So, you say, “I thank you Lord for X, Y, Z.” It must be connected to something; otherwise, you only muttered words. If I came to you, and said, “Thank you,” you’d want to know what I’m thanking you for.

Even when He tells us to have a heart that’s full of

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

thanksgiving, it still has a purpose; there’s something in your heart that you’re thanking Him for. I may pray in my privacy and say, “Father, thank you”; that’s because in my heart, I have so many things I’m grateful to Him for that I’m not voicing, because God sees the heart. In my heart are these beautiful thoughts of what He’s done for me or said to me for which I’m expressing thanks.

So, always, when you praise Him, it’s got to have meaning; it’s got to have content. The content is the fruit of your lips, giving thanks to His Name: “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name” (Hebrews 13:15).

PRAYER

Dear Father, from the depth of my heart, I’m grateful for your grace, mercy, wisdom and power by which I live triumphantly today, prospering in all that I do. Thank you for your glory in my life; you’re righteous, holy, gracious, kind and pure. Your Kingdom is everlasting, and you rule the nations in righteousness. Blessed be your Name forever, O Lord. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Hebrews 13:15 AMPC; Ephesians 5:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:18

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Colossians 4:2-18 & Isaiah 52-53

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Hebrews 4:1-16 & Ezekiel 4Some people say they’re praising God and all they say is, “Lord, I praise you”; but the truth is that they haven’t praised Him. To give someone a gift, for example,
    you don’t just say, “I give you a gift” and do nothing; you deliver the actual gift to the person. You don’t give the gift with your mouth; you act it.
    It’s the same with praising, thanking and worshipping the Lord. You do it with content. When you say, “I bless you, Lord,” then go ahead and bless Him. How do you bless Him? It’s by giving Him thanks: you thank Him for who He is, what He’s done, and for His glory in your life.
    There has to be a meaning when you thank Him; what’s the thanks connected to? So, you say, “I thank you Lord for X, Y, Z.” It must be connected to something; otherwise, you only muttered words. If I came to you, and said, “Thank you,” you’d want to know what I’m thanking you for.
    Even when He tells us to have a heart that’s full of
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

thanksgiving, it still has a purpose; there’s something in your heart that you’re thanking Him for. I may pray in my privacy and say, “Father, thank you”; that’s because in my heart, I have so many things I’m grateful to Him for that I’m not voicing, because God sees the heart. In my heart are these beautiful thoughts of what He’s done for me or said to me for which I’m expressing thanks.
    So, always, when you praise Him, it’s got to have meaning; it’s got to have content. The content is the fruit of your lips, giving thanks to His Name: “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name” (Hebrews 13:15).
    PRAYER
    Dear Father, from the depth of my heart, I’m grateful for your grace, mercy, wisdom and power by which I live triumphantly today, prospering in all that I do. Thank you for your glory in my life; you’re righteous, holy, gracious, kind and pure. Your Kingdom is everlasting, and you rule the nations in righteousness. Blessed be your Name forever, O Lord. Amen.
    FURTHER STUDY:
    Hebrews 13:15 AMPC; Ephesians 5:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:18
    1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
    Colossians 4:2-18 & Isaiah 52-53
    2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
    Hebrews 4:1-16 & Ezekiel 4

David replied 1 year, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • David

Organizer
    11 October 2022 at 2:06 am

Hallelujah to the King 👑