TODAYS MEDICINE

• Posted by David on 25 August 2022 at 2:41 pm

*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*PLEASE GOD WITH YOUR LIFE*

Thursday, August 25th. 2022

Pastor Chris*

And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters (Genesis 5:21-22).

What we read in our theme scripture tells you the kind of man Enoch was; he was a prophet of God. He was the prophet of God who saw the vision of the Lord’s coming with ten thousands of His saints: “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him” (Jude 1:14-15). Hebrews 11:5 says, “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.”

Enoch was caught up to heaven alive and never died. The Bible says that before his translation into heaven, he had the testimony that he pleased God. How do you please God? The way to please God is walking by faith, for the Bible says, “Without faith, it’s impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). You can tell today whether or not you’re pleasing the Lord; the question you need to answer is, “Are you walking by faith or by sensory perceptions?”

Faith is acting on the Word; it’s doing God’s Word. Enoch knew he pleased God because he was a doer of the Word. James 1:22 says, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” It’s akin to what Jesus said in John 14:15: “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” The way to show you love God is doing His Word, and faith works by love.

Learn to walk in the light of God’s Word. In Colossians 1:10 NIV, Paul by the Spirit, prayed, “…that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.” This is fulfilled in your life as you live every day by faith, for the just shall live by faith (Romans 1:17, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Galatians 3:11). Hallelujah!

*PRAYER*

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for you’re working in me, to will and to do of your good pleasure. My life is a reflection of Christ; Christ in me is the manifestation of your glory in every area of my life. Thank you, Lord, for the privilege to walk with and in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

*FURTHER STUDY:*

|| *Colossians 1:9-10* For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; ||

|| *Philippians 2:13* For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:

1 Corinthians 10:1-13

Psalms 135-138

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:

Colossians 2:16-23

Jeremiah 10-11*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*PLEASE GOD WITH YOUR LIFE*

Thursday, August 25th. 2022
    Pastor Chris*

And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters (Genesis 5:21-22).

What we read in our theme scripture tells you the kind of man Enoch was; he was a prophet of God. He was the prophet of God who saw the vision of the Lord’s coming with ten thousands of His saints: “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him” (Jude 1:14-15). Hebrews 11:5 says, “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.”

Enoch was caught up to heaven alive and never died. The Bible says that before his translation into heaven, he had the testimony that he pleased God. How do you please God? The way to please God is walking by faith, for the Bible says, “Without faith, it’s impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). You can tell today whether or not you’re pleasing the Lord; the question you need to answer is, “Are you walking by faith or by sensory perceptions?”

Faith is acting on the Word; it’s doing God’s Word. Enoch knew he pleased God because he was a doer of the Word. James 1:22 says, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” It’s akin to what Jesus said in John 14:15: “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” The way to show you love God is doing His Word, and faith works by love.

Learn to walk in the light of God’s Word. In Colossians 1:10 NIV, Paul by the Spirit, prayed, “…that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.” This is fulfilled in your life as you live every day by faith, for the just shall live by faith (Romans 1:17, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Galatians 3:11). Hallelujah!

*PRAYER*

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for you’re working in me, to will and to do of your good pleasure. My life is a reflection of Christ; Christ in me is the manifestation of your glory in every area of my life. Thank you, Lord, for the privilege to walk with and in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

*FURTHER STUDY:*

|| *Colossians 1:9-10* For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; ||

|| *Philippians 2:13* For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
    1 Corinthians 10:1-13
    Psalms 135-138

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
    Colossians 2:16-23
    Jeremiah 10-11

David replied 1 year, 6 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David

Organizer
    13 September 2022 at 3:40 pm